A Tip for Making Decisions

     I thought I would share a tip that I recently discovered regarding making a decision. I am horrible at making decisions, especially when the decision involves other people. I tend to pray quite a bit over choices that I have to make that I consider to be "life-changing" or otherwise bigger than which cereal to have or the t-shirt to wear each day.

     Some of these decisions, or perhaps a vast majority of them, do not require as much thought on our part as we give them. This ultimately strains and stresses me with unnecessary worry and angst. I know that I can give all of my worries and cares over to God, and I know that He hears all of my prayers, which I am so grateful for.

     But in my life, I don't always hear God's answer, or I don't hear it right away. Sometimes I am too distracted by earthly things or I can't quite myself to hear His voice. However, I do know that God can give me the freedom to choose my own plan or make decisions. Perhaps He approves of both, either, or any option or situation. Or He is letting me learn a lesson about listening, patience, trusting that He will provide no matter what I end on, or how I need to grow in His knowledge and grace.

     Even though whichever way or reason these things happen, I can still find it hard to make a decision. One thing that I have found to be beneficial lately is to ask myself:
Will I regret not making the opposite or other decision? 
If I can find out the answer to this question, the choice regarding my decision seems to come much easier, and I hope it may help you, too.


I started this blog as a memoir to share some of my life stories with you. My goal is that these encourage and educate you on how to live a more joyful, healthier, full life; one of hope.

I write about my fascination with whole foods, my love of Jesus, my struggles, my childhood stories, my passion for education, and my devotion to creating a healthy life (body, mind, and spirit) for every person in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinness ≠ Fitness